Sunday, April 27, 2008

Where's the 800 block?


700, originally uploaded by Matt Westervelt.

Just north of the 700 block on Boylston Avenue East, addresses start at 900. A while ago, a woman in a car stopped and asked me directions to an 800 address. I was stumped, and I've wondered about it ever since. I've asked a few neighbors, but of course, nobody knows why it doesn't exist. I figure it's easy to find out the history of something that exists, but where do you go when you're trying to find out the non-existence of something?

2 comments:

K and/or J said...

check out the Internot. ha ha.

Bet she was looking for 800 Boylston Ave not Ave E.

We run into people from time to time looking for West Aloha which is down in LQA not up on the Hill.

mattw said...

naaa. that would put her right in the middle of Swedish Hospital, and she was looking for a residence.