Tuesday, January 15, 2008

another neighborhood blog.

Hi. I'm mattw, and I have a few other spots on the Internet where I write stuff down, but they're either technical or personal and they're totally neglected. I have a flickr stream, but that's a general purpose dumping ground. I'm hoping I can make 8blockwalk interesting to people in the neighborhood, and if not, it will simply act as a place for me to further categorize the things that go on in my life, or more to the point, *around my life*.

The neighborhood where I live and work is Capitol Hill, Seattle. My daily grind spans two area codes, 98102 (where I live) and 98122 (where I work). It's really only about a 10 minute walk (if I'm going slow), or a 3 minute ride (if I'm on my electric bike). I don't drive, and haven't for 15 years, but if I did, I'm sure it would take half an hour at a minimum to get to work and park.

Interestingly enough, things happen in this short span of time, and if I'm lucky, I can capture those things with my camera, or write them down here.

Regardless, here we go...

1 comment:

Uncle Vinny said...

I like your blog, sir. Short, punchy posts keeps 'em coming to visit ya.

:-D