Friday, December 19, 2008

Capitol Hill loves Vietnamese


broadway cafe, originally uploaded by Matt Westervelt.

If you want Vietnamese food on the hill, it doesn't seem like it should be a problem.

There's Than Bros, Pho 900, Phocyclo, The place in "The Alley", Ballet, Pho Tai and Broadway Cafe. Broadway Cafe also carries Humbow. Shinka has humbow, but no Pho. I never make it up to the "fancy pants" parts, so I don't know if this exists already, but who has the best pastries, and are they open in the morning? Inquiring minds want to know.

My current vietnamese sandwich haunt is the Broadway Cafe, and it hurts me to let you know, because I don't like it when the place is full, but I have to say, it's the biggest bestest (and jalepeno-est) on the hill. The captothehill girls also agree, so you dont have to take my word alone.

1 comment:

Uncle Vinny said...

I dunno about pastries, but can I just say that Pho Cyclo makes my favorite pho in town? I don't know why or how... it's just better. Everyone always gets excited about the Than Brothers pastry-puff things that you get for dessert, but for me, it's all about the pho, yum.